The Hardelot Centre is a residential centre offering accommodation, activities and excursions to groups of young people and adults. Whether you are a school, a youth group or looking for a trip to France we will have something to offer you. We believe that your whole stay is a complete experience and try to make you part of our family. A member of our team is on site 24/7 to help you in any way they can.
A visit to the Hardelot Centre can give you and your group the opportunity to experience France, the culture and the language.
The Centre is based 40 minutes from Calais and is set in eight acres of woodland with plenty of on-site facilities. The beach is two kilometers away with local visitor attractions nearby. The local staff can provide home-made French cooking and the chance to try out your French conversation skills. Either choose your own activities while you are here or let us provide the itinerary for you. With strong links with local French schools and organisations including the Conseil Général du Pas de Calais, we have everything you need for the perfect stay.
A place to stay
We can accommodate up to 38 people in total (32 children and six adults). The rooms and shower areas are split between two corridors. The accommodation plan shows the layout of the rooms.
The bedrooms are:
- 12 x twin bunk-bedded rooms with a washbasin, wardrobe, table and chairs
- 2 x 4/5 bunk-bedded rooms with a washbasin, wardrobe, table and chairs
- 2 x staff bedrooms (if booking for a school) with a double bed, washbasin, table, chair and courtesy tea tray.
There’s also a safe for passports, money etc and a seating area. There are three communal shower and toilet areas. In one corridor, there are separate facilities for boys and girls and in the other there is one shower and toilet area for either group.
One bedroom is suitable for a disabled person and there are separate facilities for disabled visitors. The block is centrally heated and is fully equipped with fire doors, alarms, lockable external doors and security closing systems on all windows. Groups are expected to make their own bed on arrival.
- All bedding is supplied but you will need to bring towels with you.
- Electric wall sockets are French. Adaptors are needed for English electrical equipment.
Around the site
There are plenty of on-site facilities at the Hardelot Centre for you to use during your stay:
- Football, volleyball and boules pitches
- Giant chess board
- Challenge and low ropes course
- Orienteering course in the woods
- Open-air theatre
- Barbecue and picnic tables
- Bonfire pit
- Games room - with table football, snooker, table tennis etc
- TV and DVD player (plus a selection of DVDs)
- CD player and mp3 docking station
- Souvenirs for sale (pens, postcards)
- Tuck shop
- Classroom complete with English and French books and whiteboard
- Reading/breakout room
- Projector, screen, flipchart and laptop computer
- Meeting room for up to 16 people with refreshment area
Restaurant to seat up to 40 people
The following are available for use by group leaders and teachers:
- Washing and drying facilities for emergencies
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Cosy lounge area with log fire, tea and coffee making facilities and WIFI access